Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just a short introduction

Welcome to the life of a female student-athlete. My name is Kenzie Kuhn.  My love for basketball and intense focus on academics led me to the, small, Division III school of Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. My life at Wheaton is a balancing act between school, basketball, friends, and finding time to bring my laundry down (and then back up) four flights of stairs. Through this weekly blog you will get a small glimpse into my attempts to tackle each of these, and the many other, aspects of college life.

First up, the ever challenging task of finding a table at the library. In order to write this first post I went to my favorite place to get work done, the library. The library is usually my favorite place to get work done, unless its a Sunday night. On Sunday night, it seems, every Wheaton student is at the library. This makes it an extremely difficult task to find a table. The balcony tables over looking the main lobby go first, then the tables on the periodical level, all the way down to the stacks in the basement. If you are lucky you can get desk by the stairs, but if you are me, you end up in the depths of stacks hidden at a single desk behind Ancient Western Poetry. Not the most social of areas, but it does allow for much needed work to be done. I was able to finish my paper for Writing 101 and my study guide for Chemistry without distractions. I guess, in the end, the depths of stacks was just doing me a favor before  I got to the busy week ahead. This is the last week left before our first official game. Scrimmage versus CCRI on Tuesday...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie,
    First off let me say congratulations on making a great choice in your College decision. A great school academically as well as athletically. As an Alum of Wheaton ('95) and the Women's Basketball Team I wish you the best of luck in your 4-year Journey. The memories you make in college and with your teammates will last you a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete