Sunday, November 13, 2011

First game of the season

The first game of the season is coming up this Tuesday. The scrimmages against Worcester State and CCRI showed me a glimpse of what college games are like, but I think Tuesday’s game will be on a new level both competitively and mentally. Back home I had a routine for each game day. I followed it religiously and, in turn, I always went into the game feeling a sense of ease. Now I am 2000 miles from my parents, my home, my high school, and all of the different pieces of my old routine. I don’t have these same comforts here at Wheaton. I have to develop a new routine around college life. I’m not quite sure what that routine will be, but it will all start on Tuesday.

Tomorrow will be a day for getting a jumpstart on this week’s classwork and mentally preparing for Roger Williams. Oh, and also laundry... I have no more clean clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Just think about how all those stairs for laundry will keep you in shape throughout the year! Good luck with your season -- You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete