Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!! After the Puerto Rico trip it felt good to spend some time at home. It was so nice to catch up with my family and friends back in Colorado and to sleep in my old bed. Although I wish I could have spent a little more time at home, I was happy to arrive back at Wheaton on December 30th. After a few days of hard practices we started off the New Year with a competitive game at Springfield College. Even though we didn’t come away with a win in the first game of 2012, we played great team basketball. It’s tough to lose a close match like the Springfield game, but I think the loss sparked something in all of us; making us want the post season that much more.  Coming off the Springfield loss, we captured a win at home against Mount Holyoke. There was a great turn out  at the game thanks to the support of family and friends of the team. Even though its hard not to be able to see my parents at every game, like in high school, the other families do an amazing job of making both me and Abbie feel like we are back at home. Hopefully we can turn this one win into a streak with solid play in our upcoming games at Wellesely on Wednesday and against Clark on Saturday. In the mean time, the team continues to find different ways to occupy our time and still make it to Chase on a fairly empty campus until classes resume on the 25th

No comments:

Post a Comment